Please welcome Jane back as Volunteer Coordinator for the Stamford Historical Society.
Jane keeps volunteer service organzations apprised of our needs and interviews and advises prospective volunteers. She can be reached as listed here.
Many tasks at the Society require the able assistance of volunteers.
- Volunteers do research and data entry work in the Marcus Research Library.
- Volunteers manage the Photo Collection, including data entry work.
- Volunteers work in the textile collection.
- Volunteers manage the website and the blog.
- Volunteers assist with the creation of exhibits.
- Volunteers are docents for our exhibits.
- Volunteers make digital records of our exhibits.
- Volunteers staff the thrift shop.
- Volunteers work with staff on educational programs for students.
- Volunteers provide hospitality at our events.
- Some volunteers stuff envelopes and others answer phones.
An update of our volunteer needs will be posted soon.